Pages


graphics taken and designed by Spencer Johanna.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wake Up Disciples

While diving in the Bible, I swallowed the words down slow,
To find the true meaning of the passage I did not know.
I found these words in the 28th book of Matthew,
The 19th verse in, Jesus spoke very few.
"Make disciples of all nations" he instructed us to go,
"And baptize them in my name" he said so.
But there was something I wasn't getting, the words I saw in black in red,
And the sound of Jesus' words rang loudly inside my head.
I read aloud, yet one more time, found the word that made me break,
I highlighted "DISCIPLE" in which Jesus wanted us to make.
There was no word like "Christian, or Catholic or Jew"
But it said, in the red, "Disciple"-it is true.
While in my searching I found what disciples were all about,
To drop all things for God and have faith without doubt.
I fell to my knees in tears and asked "what do I do now?
I've been taught to be a christian-but a disciple....how?"
In my head my questions began to ponder,
And in my Bible, my little eyes slowly started to wonder.
In search for more of what God wants and expects out of me,
I found a passage of guidance in Revelation 3:.3
God says "Listen to the words I have to say,
listen and repent, and obey.
If you do not WAKE UP, like a thief I will sneak,
And you will not know of my return" he did speak.
The word of power stirred me inside and I highlighted it so proud,
The word was "WAKE UP" and inside it echoed loud.
The message grew to me and spoke quite clear,
We are disciples, why are we hiding in fear?
We need to WAKE UP DISCIPLES the time is not too late,
We are here for a reason, and now it's time to meet our fate.
It's time to spread the news of Jesus it's time for the world to change,
Forget about the others who will look at you so strange.
Jesus sacrificed it all for us and we can do the same,
So WAKE UP DISCIPLES and get ready to shout His name.
To change the world will take some time, but with God we can move the nations,
So let's shake the sins of our past, and help these generations.
The time has come disciples, don't hit snooze once more,
It's time to WAKE UP DISCIPLES and see what God has in store.
Let's start today guys, let us wait no longer,
And with Jesus on our side, NO ONE can be stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment