Pages


graphics taken and designed by Spencer Johanna.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Voices

Oh the tongues we hear that speak so loud,
That influence direction to follow the crowd.
The ringing of voices, the echoing chimes,
And you change your mind 1,000 times.
You try to speak but you cannot hear,
For you can only listen to so much with one ear.
They tell you how to's and without understanding how,
Give you advice on your problems lived now.
They have their own worries and problems to solve,
The more you tell people, the more it makes them involved.
All these words of advice from family and peers,
And displeasing them all is my biggest of fears.
Who do I listen to? What road do I take?
I want a decision but which one do I make?
I guess it proves who you please, and if you'd just pause,
You'd see your not living for God, but you're living for applause.
I want to follow God and long to hear His voice,
When it boils down to decisions, it's me who makes the choice.
When you learn whose voice to hear when life's in a mellow tone,
First listen to God's voice then make His decision your own.
Don't inspired by the voices all around you,
But be inspired by the God, when lost, He has found you.

No comments:

Post a Comment