Pages


graphics taken and designed by Spencer Johanna.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Strong

There's pain in the smiles we force on our faces,
and healing in the touch of our embraces.
We see the world with each little eye,
and with the same ones, are longing to cry.
We feel the rain inside depths of our souls,
and leak emotion from our hearts that have holes.
My thoughts linger often, but come back to the same,
and the guilt I have inside just puts me to shame.
I try to move forward and continue my travels,
but the more I walk away, the more history unravels.
Can I hear your voice say my name once more?
Can we be us like we were before?
I cry myself to sleep for the third time this week,
and wipe silver tears off the warmth of my cheek.
Tomorrow I'll wake up and do the same routine,
smiling to cover my hurt gone unseen.
All the strength I'm getting is making me sore,
for the weight of this pain is increasing more.
and, Although there is heartache that can't go any longer,
the memories of you, are making me stronger.


No comments:

Post a Comment