Pages


graphics taken and designed by Spencer Johanna.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Walking in darkness

When things are going my way and I'm happy as can be,
I feel the sun smiling and starring down at me.
In my head: out of the ground, the flowers grew,
And I imagine myself smiling, running through.
The joyful music plays and I start to sing along,
While all the pretty blue birds chirp a happy song.
The skies around me are as blue as the sea,
And the smell of beautiful things surround me.
I was on top of the world, and my love for God was strong,
Then the question was asked, "what could go wrong?".
But when these things fell out of place,
There is no smile on my face.
The sun, that once did smile before,
Is frowning now, and out tears pour.
The flowers are dead and are dry as bone,
The music is evil, and I'm all alone.
The birds cry out an evil sound,
and the color is dark all around.
I hear my voice echo, "Lord where did you go?"
"Why did you leave when I was at my all-time low?".
But no voice is heard after, just a silence to pierce my ears,
Feeling so alone, I made friends with my tears.
Life moves on, but pause was my setting,
On my relationship with God, which is a decision worth regretting.
I thought I knew my own plans, I thought I knew what was best,
But when Satan tempted me, I failed to pass the test.
Into the darkness I walked, frustrated and confused,
I felt my heart grow bitter and I watched it get abused.
I walked and I walked until I couldn't see a light anymore,
I thought God had left me, and blocked off every door.
I decided, after an attitude so neutral,
To turn back to God, but really it was mutual.
In chapter 4, verse 8,of the book of James too,
It says, "if you draw near to God, he will draw near to you".
Suddenly it hit me, he never left me at all,
If he'd wait for me with wide arms, I know he'd never let me fall.
Then my eyes opened up, there was no darkness to find,
I didn't realize how these sins had made me so blind.
Although I couldn't feel Him, He held me all the way in His arms,
And kept me safe and sound, away from all harms.
So remember next time the rain is pouring down,
To always wear a smile and put away that frown.
The Lord is kind to all, and alone you will never walk,
Just draw near to Him and to you He will flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment